Sunday, November 25, 2007

Quick Monday Morning Updates

My friend Punya got married yesterday in Silchar. Yes, I missed all the fun though I got some narrations over the phone.

My friend Devraj is getting married to his childhood love Alka today in Delhi. Yes, I am gonna miss all the fun for this as well. Yesterday when I called Devraj to wish him, he gave me an astounding piece of information. That, today there are 47 thousand (yes, you read it right, forty seven thousand!) marriages going to be solemnized in Delhi! That means 47 thousand baraats on the road and I just cannot think of the traffic condition of Delhi, which is otherwise very good, anymore. I just hope he reaches the marriage hall in Dilshad Garden (extreme East) from Dwarka (extreme west) at right time!

I spent my weekend romancing with cough, cold, fever, throat infection and thousands of sneezes. All thanks to my colleagues who make it a point to take a puffing-break 4-5 times a day and I being allergic to smoke, caught the infection on Friday. My two favorite activities of last two days were running to wash basin to blow the nose and gurgling with warm water. The latter is done to prevent my throat from getting a larynx infection.

Yesterday I caught some glimpse of Keanu (of course on TV!) as Constantine was on HBO at 9 pm. But as usual I couldn’t watch it :( It's been years since I have seen his movie. Probably after some years even I will forget that there was a time when I was really crazy for his movies!!!

No comments: