Monday, September 3, 2007

Why so fussing? : A Bitter Experience!!!

Today, like other days, when I was coming to office by my charter bus, I noticed that one of my colleagues is not present and so I thought of sitting in her place in stead of going to my own seat, and did accordingly. But for a moment I forgot in which city I was. People here are so fretting! The two ladies, one of my age and other much older, were so shocked to find me there (Do I look like a porcupine?) that it was evident from their frowns, scowls and most importantly exchange of stares (I was wondering are they Kathakali dancers?). Then after some moments, of course, there started the arrays of questions (to me) and exchange sentences in passive voice (in between them). I was feeling like to get vanished or enter in the earth (here underneath the seat) like Sita.

But the thought that disturbed me was “why so fussing? What’s the matter if someone sits in place of others in another one’s absence? Is it a matter or concern? Then what is NOT a matter of concern for this city people? Why so agitation?” God save me from being another such creature!!!!!

1 comment:

Sonali said...

It is indeed sad that people fret and fume for irrelevant matters but keep mum when they need to raise their voice and protest for a just cause.