Saturday, September 15, 2007

At 6:30 PM

It’s 6:30 PM and people are rushing towards their homes, but not the houses, like anything. The scene visible in every crossing is almost the same carrying no incongruity with the previous crossing or the previous day. With the chaotic ambience, both inside and outside bus, one cord is finely tuned with every one present here; everybody wants to be ahead of others- in catching the bus, in grabbing the seat or rather the window seat, in crossing the road, and like others.

In some self-absent moments we forget that we are also a part of this messy, frowzy, sweaty and tired crowd. Just like the woman standing on the other side of the road, my dress has also lost the touch of hot iron, my hair is also undone with some traces of morning combing, my kajal is also smudged, my lipstick is also vanished leaving no trace behind, my forehead is also shining with perspiration and just like her, I am also longing for my home, my corner of kitchen, my piece of bed and my privy bit of room.

Then why we constantly try to separate ourselves away from the rest of the world? How am I special at this very moment? Then why should I crave for special treatment from others? How far it is justified?

1 comment:

Madhushree Deb said...

Very true. Either no one is special or every one is special.