Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sleep Sleep Sleep

There are people who are very much fond of sleeping. I remember I had a friend in school who used to love sleeping so much that she used to sleep on the floor under the bed so that no one could catch her! My sister is also very fond of sleeping. But nowadays, due to her office timing she doesn’t get to sleep as much she likes. She is not complaining though.

Two days back I had an experience regarding sleep which I think is historical in my life. Last week I came back after one week trip to Silchar. The flight I took from Kolkata was scheduled to reach at 8:30pm to Bangalore but it got late and it reached around 9:30pm here. I reached home after 11pm that day. Next day being Monday my normal routine started. It hit me Tuesday evening. I was feeling extremely tired and fatigued. First I didn’t really bother and then I realized that I was not having full sleep. That day after coming back from office I cooked fast, had meal early and rushed to bed….all I remember is that I was pulling my blanket towards me….the next thing I remember that I woke up at 5:30am alarm.....I actually slept within 2-3 seconds I hit the bed and that also with lights on! What a sleep I had!

Another deep sleep experience I had some years back in Delhi. Then I was 2-3 months old in the city. I was in my first job. I used to have roster off then. That was a weekday and I had gone to Delhi university with a friend to check for the MA program in English. Then we used to stay in Govindpuri. While I was coming back I got a direct bus till my house. I was feeling very sleepy and was falling asleep again and again in the bus. Being new to the city, I didn’t know the routes well then. I got scared thinking what will happen if I miss my stop! I was trying hard to keep myself awake but nothing was of any help. As I was nearing Nehru Place (which comes 5-6 stops before my stop), I decided to get down from the bus and walk a little to get rid of the sleep. I was planning to walk to my house so that I don’t fall asleep again. But then I got a shuttle auto and went home. This experience I can never forget J

The funniest among all sleeping incidents happened when I was in a hostel in Kolkata. That was a private hostel. The bathroom that we used to use was inside another room. So, the girls of that room had fixed the timing to close the door at night time. So all of us who used to stay in other rooms had to go to bathroom before they close the door. Otherwise we had to go to the dirty bathroom downstairs L. That day I was feeling very sleepy. I had asked a roommate to call me before they close the door so that I can go to bathroom before going for sleep. After instructing her I fell asleep. I opened my eyes next morning. Immediately then I realized that she had not called me to go to bathroom and I felt very cheated L so I asked her ‘why didn’t you call me last night to go to bathroom?’She looked very surprised. She said ‘But we had called you and you went to bathroom also and then came back and slept!’.................I was blank.............I couldn’t remember a thing...................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey this was really funny ...just cannot stop laughing....hahahahahahaha