Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pest Control - Not very difficult

Finally finally finally....I have got my house pest controlled!

It was easy....not as difficult as I had assumed it to be.

I had called Just Dial for the phone numbers of a pest control company. They had given me quite a few phone numbers. I had called one of them and asked them to come at 9 o'clock on Saturday. I wanted it to be done on Saturday as I would be there at home on the next day also to do any cleaning, if needed. I must have sounded very demanding to them, that the guy actually came at 9 o'clock in the morning.

Then he took out his medicine, which was a paste like thing....and started putting drops at different places...while I pointed out some of the extra sensitive zones. I didn’t need to ‘evacuate’ the kitchen.

As he was done, we paid him and then started the real picture. Cockroaches started to come out and dying here and there. So both the Saturday and Sunday I spent cleaning the house.

But there is one problem for which the house is not a pest free house yet; there are some still left though the count has come down drastically. The reason is the microwave oven. There are quite a few pests inside it and unless we get it cleaned, the house can't be pest free actually. So, our next step is to send the microwave oven to LG service center for pest cleaning. Once that is done, we may have to get our house pest-controlled one more time to get rid of them.

But the situation is really good at home :)

5 comments:

IdontNeedName said...

Buy Hit and use it during midnight for couple of days at places like, garbage bags, cracks in walls etc... you will be benefitted..

Doell said...

hi IdontNeedName,

I have already used that but that was of no use. On the contrary, I caught nasal infection follwed by cold and fever due to this attempts :)

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion :)

IdontNeedName said...

Doell, you din't get the tone of my suggestion. My suggestion is for your way forward, coz pests keep coming :)

Doell said...

@IdontNeedName

ohhhkkk....yes..I thought that you were mocking at my effort to get a pest control, which otherwise could be easily done with the help of Hit or Baygon spray. honestly i didn't understand the tone of your comment. Anyway, thanks for the reply comment.

yes you are right saying that pest keep coming. But they have given us three years guarantee. So, let's see how things happen. as of now, my house is 100% pest free :)

For me it is a little difficult to use Hit or Baygon spray. I catch cold and throat infection with the smell of it. But still I used to clean my house every weekend with Baygon spray when we were in Dilshad Gaden, Delhi back in the year of 2006. From my own experience I can say that pest controlling is the best option. It doesn't cost much also. It cost me 600/- i think.

IdontNeedName said...

I was not yarning; Pest control is not funny.

Ill effects of Pyrethroids Cyfluthrin (one of active ingredients of these insecticides) are well known. I was not aware that you too got those.