Tuesday, October 16, 2007

So, it’s Puja again...

So, it’s Puja again. Durga Puja, the greatest celebration of the year. Every year when I get the new-year-calendar, I first check the Durga Puja date. Finally the day has arrived. Today is Shashthi and the mirth is in the air. All my colleagues have come to office wearing new clothes. It’s so wonderful to be a part of this enjoyment. And yes I’m also in new clothes!!!

For the first time I’m in Kolkata during Durga Puja. No wonder, the experience is special. The city is bedecked with colorful banners, festoons, royal entrance gates to Puja pandals, extraordinary decorated pandals and wonderful lighting. But more than anything, it’s the overwhelming enthusiasm of people that is magically infectious. Before you know anything, you are part of the grand celebration!

As par the market study, a whooping amount of 44 thousand crores of product was sold last year during Durga Puja! And you blame me for my shopping!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading about Calcutta in this post is pale without images.. Please post Calcutta images.. :)