Friday, October 5, 2007

Gandhi Jayanti Message

On the days of New Year, Valentine's Day, Friendship Day, Christmas Day and even on Halloween's Days our mobile phone gets flooded with sms-es. But what about the Independence Day, Republic Day, Janmashtami, Gandhi Jayanti? We never get any sms-es on those days! Why? Is that because these days are not very 'important' in our lives with respect to our globalized (or rather, Americanized) mentality?

Well, probably I'm a little lucky that there is one friend of mine who never forgets to wish me on those 'not-so-important' days.

On Gandhi Jayanti she sent me this message:

'Satisfaction lies in effort, not (in) attainment. Full effort is full victory' - M K Gandhi

Thanks Vidhi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Durba, when I send that message, the thought about 'globalization' never entered my mind, but now that u've said it, I think it's a very valid point.
Maybe the Gandhigiri film wasn't enough for a nation of more then a billion.