Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I wish every day in Kolkata were a strike day!!!

Today is also a strike in Kolkata. Today’s strike is more effective than the yesterday’s. The roads are freer and buses are almost empty. No private buses on the road. I was a bit doubtful about getting an auto till the bus depot. But honestly speaking, my today’s journey to office was more comfortable than other days. The roads are jam-free. And I reached office so early! I wish every day in Kolkata were a strike day!!!

Most interestingly, the driver and conductor in the government bus were in casuals. When the man clad in jeans trouser and nice T-shirt came to us for ticket, I and my friend were in laughs. As a precautionary measure, the driver was wearing a helmet, yes inside the bus. It was funny. I hope my journey back home also becomes smooth.

No comments: