Saturday, January 14, 2012

Office Office

They say “This is not just another run of the mill project. This is different. So, you guys need to gear up and walk that extra mile to deliver the best product”

But they say this for every course I work on. Where are these run of the mill courses made? I want to work for one....that'll be relaxing I assume.

-------

I know winning a spot award is no big deal. But I am happy for having won one :). But more than that, I am happy to receive those Shopper’s Stop vouchers. I know I would have never visited that unreasonably expensive shop to buy anything unless I had those vouchers.

-------

Every day habit of swiping the identity card innumerable times has gone to my head to that extent that some days back instead of pressing the doorbell at home, I was looking for my identity card to swipe and open the door!!!!!!!

-------

Those days and late nights of work are back when I forget the entire world and get glued to my system. I came to know that I love this when I didn’t have this. I love it and I enjoy it.

-------

The ink in my pen is over. I am damn happy. After a long time I have the pen with me long enough to run short of its ink!

-------

My friend had got a brand new collection of Salil Chaudhury’s songs from Kolkata, on my request, and she handed it over to me in office. I was jumping with joy! That was the time when I was having crazy hours at office leaving every day after 11pm. That day also when I was leaving at the 11th hour to catch my 11pm cab, the security stopped me, and found the CD inside my bag and CONFISCATED it!!! I was awestruck but didn’t have time to get into any conversation as I was getting late for my cab. The next day when I went to meet the duty manager, he said that they would check the CD and if they find it blank, they’ll return it to me and if they find any data in the CD, they would break it. Almost in a breathless condition I asked “what if there is music in the CD?”, “We’ll break it”, he said coolly!!!!

I didn't know what to do. I spoke to my manager, team lead and everybody said that this is unfair but this is the company policy. Big thanks to my friend Chandrima, who actually got the CD from Kolkata, somehow convinced those stone heads and they agreed to return my CDs. A lesson is learnt and now I submit even the Flipkart parcel also at the reception if it contains CDs.

No comments: