Saturday, January 14, 2012

I got a life of my own

I got a life of my own

What does this really mean?

Well, it means:

1. Being able to see a doctor when I am ill.

2. Being able to eat healthy food and not something which is stale, too much spicy or rotten.

3. Being able to have a blanket or quilt while sleeping in the winter in Delhi.

4. Being able to switch on the fan when it is summer in Delhi.

5. Being able to buy necessary goods like umbrella in the rainy season to be protected from rains and in summer to be protected from the sun rays.

6. Being able to buy necessary goods like sandals (when the last sandal has broken down), bags (when the last bag has tore off), warm clothes during winter, cotton clothes during summer.

7. Being able to talk to relatives on special days without checking on the mobile phone balance.

8. Being able to wear the clothes of my choice.

9. Being able to read the kind of literature I want to and being able to appreciate what literature I feel to be good and being able to criticize what literature I feel to be crap.


When I was living WITHOUT having ‘all of the above’, I used to feel like Not Having a Life. Now when I have liberty to have ‘all of the above’, I understand what it feels to have a life of my own.

7 comments:

Madhushree Deb said...

I am glad u have a beatiful life now.

Doell said...

@Madhu,

me too :)

Simanti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IdontNeedName said...

Someday, we'll forget the hurt, the reason we cried and who caused us pain. We will finally realize that the secret of being free is not just the liberty, but letting things unfold in their own way and own time...
After all, what matters is not the first, but the last chapter of our life which shows how well we ran the race. So smile, laugh, forgive, believe and love all over again :-)…

Simanti said...

Keep the spirit in ur life. I always want to see the smiling face again and again...

Doell said...

@ IdontNeedName,

I can't say what would be my last day like.....we can never say what is there in the future...but we know what happened in the past....what we can do is we can compare the the past and present....when we see our present life is worse than the past, we say our standard of life has come down. When we see our life is better than the past, we say that the life standard has got better. Tomorrow, my life standard might get worsen or get better, I never know. But I can always say if my present life standard is better or worse than the past.

Doell said...

@ Simanti,

Yes, that's why I am fighting for....my life before that when I was in Mumbai or in Kolkata even before, seems an innocent dream now.....life has changed so much....I have changed so much!