Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lost and Found

Well, I lost my mobile....and I found it also!!!! :)

Here's the story -

It was just another day at office. While coming back by the office cab, like other days, I signed the papers, got down from the cab and headed for the lift in my apartment. But unlike other days I was having an uncanny feeling that something was missing and yes, I was correct....I left my mobile in the cab.

The next few hours were quite important. I had called the transport department to complain and since I was not carrying my mobile anymore I had to get all numbers from the internet. I kept calling at my mobile and finally the security guy in the cab answered the call. He was also at a loss as what to do with my swanky mobile phone. I instructed him to deposit the mobile phone to the help desk in my office. Which he did. And thus I collected my mobile from the office help desk the next day after confirming my employee identification number and my name.

The best thing about the entire episode was that I had left my mobile in the office cab. The office cabs, the drivers and the security persons who travel in those cabs are tracked and monitored centrally. That's the reason that my cab driver and the security guy were not confident enough to steal it.

Anyway, but a lesson is learnt. I have been using a mobile phone for last five years now. This mobile that I am using currently is the most stylish among all the sets I have used. I always used to imagine how I will react to such a situation. I used to think I would panic big time and make a lot of hue and cry causing much problem to myself and people around me. But actually, I was quite calm while handling the entire situation. May be loss of anything doesn’t affect me much, anymore!

8 comments:

Gaurab said...

Mobile firia paowar ki fayda? Keu re call toh koros na.
Ami kintu aij porjonto sunchi na keu ager takiya bhabiya rakhe jokhon mobile haraibo tokhon ami kita-kiti kormu! Tui ektu beshi mental exerceise koros, pore kintu knee pain hoibo!
btw... Blog er theme ta change dekhlam, khub ekta bhala lager na, something is missing.

Gaurab said...

Re-visited your blog for a possible Shylheti to Engrazi translation of my comments.
Withdrawing my fingers (from keyboard of course! Neural networks still a distant venture) as Engrazi does not seem to have enough humor to convey my faizlamified thoughts appropriately.
If you do not understand, don't bother. Remember, knee pain can be chronic.

Anonymous said...

Hey doel! Wel i am shri. Browsing thru d net,espcialy smthng relatd to shobhade hpnd 2 read ur blogs. N m hapy 2 go thru those. Smwer bcz i cud relate to it. D lst n found stry or let it b d unacustmd earth. I cud undstnd wat u fl,i töo lke 2 read n write,blogng. Hd startd writng blogs days b4. Bt wen i questnd whom s it 4? I dnt find ne answr?So i den strtd 2 pen dwn ma thots in d diary if i hd 2 shre it 2 maslf. Jst a questn f u cud answr, whom do u write 4? Bt newys i hv bookmarkd ur pge 4 sure. Kp writng.

Doell said...

Gaurab,

Tor comment sylethi tei bhala....teile sylethi te hashiya goragori kahite pari :) thanks for the comments :)

Doell said...

hey Shri,

Thanks for your comment da. I am glad that you liked my blog. That's a good question you have asked. But for me my blog is kind of a diary....but a refined form of diary where I can jot down (not write down) my thought on various things. For me it's more convenient to maintain a blog than a diary as I keep losing my diaries thanks to my frequent shifts from one place to another and my basic 'messy' nature....

thanks for taking out some time and leaving a comment here :)

Gaurab said...

Banan bhul hoise:
Bhasa tar naam Shylheti, pronounced as 'Sileti', "sylethi" kunu din e nay.
Ami dekhiar ei Dravid shobhyotay aiya tor 'T' ta "TH' hoi gese (beshi local khaowon khaile hoibo e), kintu neejer matri bhashar bikrito banan ami shojyo korte pariar na.

Doell said...

To Gaurab,

:)

IdontNeedName said...

Careful girl! By loosing the mobile you just not loose the handset, you also expose a tremendous amount of personal data like bank details, SSN etc to un-trusted persons. An eligible con may use these data for any vicious crime. Protect you mobile just like your wallet.