Sunday, June 5, 2011

Language is a problem

It was a regular day at office. It was a regular lunch at office with my friends. And yes it was the South Indian thali that I had ordered that day also. But just the earlier day I had found a hair in the curd rice bowl. So that day I decided to tell the people at counter about this.

So I told them in English 'I found hair in curd rice bowl yesterday. Please be careful about your food.'

The guy at the counter looked blank at me and got another curd rice bowl for me! Now it was my turn to be at loss!

Then I told him in Hindi that I didn’t want to have another curd rice bowl but that there was hair in the curd rice bowl the day before.

Then he took away the curd rice bowl and got another curd rice bowl for me! Me and my friends started laughing out loud by that time. Then I started to explain him showing my own hair and indicating towards the curd rice bowl....but that was also of no help. He still looked blank and at a loss.

Finally I had to give up as the people at the counter don't understand anything but Kannada!

1 comment:

Gaurab said...

immediately giya dekhaini uchit asil. pore dekahile kunu din manto nay.
and tui kunu galatfaimi te thakis na je tara tor bhasha bujhe na, era dorkar moto sob bujhe.. taka paowar thakle Shylheti o bujhbo... dakait era, sugriber bongshodhor...