Monday, January 31, 2011

What a Miss!

This year I had planned to attend two festivals - Kala Ghoda Festival, Mumbai and Jaipur Literature Festival. Both of them flopped. Couldn't go to Jaipur Literature Festival and can't attend Kala Ghoda festival either.

The Jaipur Literature Festival is just over. So, I was just estimating the amount of miss I had. This year, among others, the most distinguished prsence was that of Orhan Pamuk.

It was my cousin from Agartala who had referred to me his name after he grabbed one of his works from Agartala Book Fair, two three years back. Since then though I am planning to get his book, it has not materialized yet. Hopefully I will get his book next month after my current stock is over.

J M Coetzee was also invited, another author whose book I am planning to read for quite sometime.

The other people who were present in the fair were Mirza Waheed, Chimamanda Adichie, Adam Zagajewski, Anthony Sattin, Mohsin Hamid, Ahdaf Shoujef, Basharat Peer , Martin Amis, William Dalrymple, Vikram Seth and others.

The Kala Ghoda festival has not started yet. Once it is over, I will sit to estimate the amount of miss!

No comments: