Thursday, January 27, 2011

Strange People, Stranger Incidents

Day before yesterday a friend of mine had called, after a long time, and started accusing me for some decision that I have taken recently. I was in a defensive mode so I didn’t really charge him back neither did I try to prove myself correct as it would be a futile effort. But honestly, I was upset for him behaving that way.

We come across many people in our life time. We get along with some really well in a short span of time and the rest always remain strangers no matter how much we spend time with them. We expect from the near ones. We expect that they will actually understand our stand in life. They will understand the reason behind every decision we take and even if they don’t understand, they would at least try to understand before jumping to any conclusion.


But life never stops to surprise. This was not the first time someone was reacting to me like that. But I didn’t really expect that to come from this friend, whom I used to consider as good as a best friend of mine. Clearly, he couldn’t really understand my stand. I can accept that. But what hurt me was that he actually jumped to a conclusion just like strangers do.

Life is bad sometimes. But it is good rest of the times. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's strange but true that we come across with these type of people in our life....but my suggestion is, just ignore those friends who can't stand by you in your hard times... I liked the last line of ur blog...:)

Doell said...

Thanks Anonymous for your comment.

It's true that I was hurt with my friend's attitude but that doesn't really mean that I'll ignore him or stop contacting him. I will hope one day he will realize that I was not wrong to protest something wrong...but I would have been wrong if I had accepted that wrong silently...then he too will be by my side...

Yes, I am hopeful in life...this is what Buddha has taught me...

IdontNeedName said...

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

Doell said...

Hi IdontNeedName,

Thanks for the comment.

A decision that says 'yes' to life and 'no' to death is always the best decision :)