Friday, October 14, 2011

Why ARR for Rockstar

When Imtiaz Ali announced Rockstar with A R Rahman to be the music director of the movie, many eye brews raised – some with disbelief, some with appreciation, some with criticism, some with annoyance and some with happiness (that’s me :)).

It was difficult to believe that Imtiaz Ali would ever come out of his hit pairing with Pritam Chakrabarty. But he did. Many people said that he ditched Pritam, some said that he’s cashing on A R Rahman’s international success and some even said that he is trying to make an impression that he is different that he is not stereotyped and some said that he is mistaken.

I didn’t say anything. I was waiting for the audio to release. From the name it’s obvious that the movie is about a person who sings Rock music. I was keen to hear ARR composing some hard rock. But I remember I was fairly disappointed 5-6 months back when I came to know that Rockstar music is ready and the music is Sufi.

But ever since I have started listening to Rockstar, I have understood why Imtiaz Ali asked ARR to compose this movie. I always like Imtiaz Ali, and now I respect him and his judgment even more. It’s difficult for me to explain why I feel so but I can only say that Rockstar music is a continuation of Rang De Basanti and Delhi 6 combined. So, all those people who liked these two albums, they will find a treasure in Rockstar. Thanks to Imtiaz Ali for asking ARR to compose this movie.

No comments: