Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some Unfulfilled Dreams

It's true that I don't like Delhi but I used to like the India Gate and the surrounding area a lot. Otherwise very harsh and intolerable Delhi climate turns to be a very nice one only twice a year - February-March and October-November. I always used to wish to spend a full evening in India Gate and its surrounding areas during those four months. But it never happened.

February-March is the time when Delhi roads are the prettiest due to blooming gulmohor trees arrayed on either sides of the roads. When I used to come home from office, I used to take office bus or cab, I used see those windy roads in Dwarka and used to dream that one day I would walk down the road and count the trees and take lots of images. I still sometimes dream those roads that I could never walk.

Winters is the fair time in Delhi. There happens one fair after another during that time. One such fair is Trade Fair. Probably there is not a single person left in the city who has not visited Trade Fair, except for me of course :) I used to hear a lot of stories about people's experiences in the Trade Fair and I used to dream that I would also go there one day, but it never happened. Same was with the Surajkund Fair. Even before going to Delhi I heard people talking a lot about it, but I never happened to visit that place. Though I used to see my friends and colleagues in office using various stuff bought from Surajkund Fair, I never had the chance to go there.

Delhi rains used to be marvelous. I always dreamt of going to India Gate and Mehrauli-Gurgaon road during rains. But I never had the chance to do so.

I may not return to Delhi anymore. But I am hopeful that I'll fulfill my dreams in Bangalore. The wish that tops the chart is visiting Ulsoor lake :)

No comments: