Sunday, May 13, 2007

Delhi Rains

Starting from the pebbles of Chandni Chowk to the Minar of Qutub, everything of Delhi seems to be talked about. Why? Awwai!!! Probably because there's nothing much to speak about its art and culture. An inane in all respect of life, foppish in each and every field, I dont find a single point to get fascinated about this city apart from its heritage and parliament. Anyway, thats a different story all together. But surprisingly, Delhi rains are not very famous among the Delhi fanatics. I have no clue for that either. Delhi rains has got some wackiest character. I remember my school and college days in Assam when I loved to get drenched in rains like anything. Starting from hiding my umbrellas and deliberately not getting in bus but walking two three stops used to be my most favourite activity in rains. But God save me from Delhi rains. Every raindrop seems to be needling my bone! It’s dead chilling!! After a series of sneezing/coughing and finally fevering experience, I have started to avoid the most favourite season of mine in Delhi. But that’s not all. It has got another interesting character that makes it even deadlier. Just before the rain hits the ground, a 15-20 minute andhi provokes each and every dust particle on the road to go up and glue your body. When you are very well dust-coated, then starts the heavenly rain. So, you can have a special ‘mudding’ feeling all across your body wishing to get wings so that you could fly straight home and have a bath.

But I must confess, despite of its peculiar nature, rains is the only season in Delhi that I love the most. I just cannot get over from the wet earthy fragrance and superb green vista arising just after the heavy shower.

No comments: