Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Spice Jet and a Cup of Coffee

As usual, I was sleeping as deep as I always do. I can't say if I was snoring. Suddenly the fragrance of food awoke me up and then I saw two air-hostesses carrying the food trolley and selling food items near my seat. Then I realized where I was....I was going to Mumbai from Bangalore in Spice Jet airlines and I was sitting in window seat.

I was not hungry. So, I asked for a cup of coffee as I was feeling cold. They obliged. One sip and I knew that I was having the worst coffee till date. Still I kept sipping the coffee as at least it was a hot liquid, and it was comforting my soar throat. I took out my purse and was waiting to pay for the  coffee. "How much would it be? 50 rupees?", I was wondering in a literally bitter mood.

But cabin crew members never came back to ask for money. As I was again drifting in my sleep land, I was wondering,"Is the coffee so bad since it's free OR is it free since it's so bad?"

2 comments:

Madhushree Deb said...

That was a funny joke..hehehehe

Gaurab said...

I don't think any thing other than the water is served free. So, it was a mistake. Poor girl! she must have paid from her pocket.

However, with my recent experience from few American airlines, I now have a high regard for all Indian counterparts. And believe me, their food is not up to any taste.