Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Feels Like Heaven

Early morning when surajmama is still in polite mood, when the buses have not started their cacophonies, autos have not started nudging their nose in the badly jammed traffic, and you have not started your day actually, an extremely pleasant feeling catches your senses! You wonder what that is! And then you realize that it’s the heavenly fragrance of flowers coming from the flower vendor standing next to the temple. Nothing can match starting a day like this. It’s a heavenly start.

Fortunately, ever since I have come to Bangalore, my days start like that. Nowhere have I seen such variety of flowers like I have seen here. Any time you visit a flower vendor in the city, you will see at least 20 types of flower. Most of these flowers are fragrant ones like juhi, malli, chandramallika, sanna jaji, yerra jaji, and various types of roses. Interestingly I have not seen much marigold here, which is ubiquitous in Northern and Eastern part of this country.

One thread of juhi or sanna jaji in your hair and you will never feel like applying any perfume/deo-spray again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knoe... yaaks!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Whenever I apply flowers in my hair, flowers keep me refreshed with the fragrance for the whole day. And I just like it.....:)