Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why So Serious?

Why are we so serious? Life is short and the youth is even scaringly shorter. Then why bind the life in rules and regulations so hard that there's no scope to escape? But some people may be so habituated with the day-in-day-out rules and bindings, that they don't even understand or may be don't want to understand what fun they are missing. Prejudices and apprehensions play a major part in the minds of those people who consider each and everything they don't do as bad, ugly, uncultured and undoable. And with this high self esteem they fail to feel the hearts of others while they just can't respect those people who wish to live life differently.

But now a days the television and media is so strong that many people are willing to shed their stubborn nature. But what about those people who don' want to open the window of their mind?

There is an advertisement in the television that I find very much like me and inspiring. That's the new Cadbury dairy Milk advertisement with Varun Badola. That's such a wonderful advertisement that it touched my heart instantly. After seeing the second version of the ad, I am sure that it touched other's hearts as well. So, that means there are moire people in this country who think like me or want to think like me :)

I remember when I started working and earning money, my salary day used to call for a celebration of no reason. During my first job, me, my brother and my sister used to stay in Kalkaji and I used to buy lots of chocolates and snacks while coming home. And yes, my brotrher and sister also used to do the same. So we were partying for no reason. We used to go to the nearby cinema halls and restaurants just for no reason.

Then I was in Noida, where I was with my entire family including my parents and it used to be so fun buying home all those food items of everyone's taste on the salary day. And recently when I was in Mumbai, I used to get coupons worth 1000/- on the last week of the month as part of the salary. The day I used to get it, I used to fill my bag with chocolates, cookies, chips, biscuits and what not for my sister. So again, we were partying for no reason.

Do we need reasons to celebrate with our near and dear ones? The main idea is to keep our loved ones happy and try to give them what they want unless they want sonmething really ungivable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Live life to the fullest because it is lived just once. Remember, when you are with your near and dear ones, it is the combined joy that makes it more eventful.

You can choose to live your own life. But, if you choose to be with your sister, brother, friend, parents and you want to celebrate with them, the celebration has to be accepted by all. The tastes may not be alike in all cases. But, the joyous mood should continue. It cannot take a beating.

Joy is there in every moment, in every thing you do, in everything to want to do. It lies in its most simple form.

Celebrate life, celebrate the moment you have with you.

Having said all these, you should also plan for tomorrow, because we are intelligent and we choose our future in many ways.

Your celebration should not depend on chocolates or biscuits, but because you can think, you can dream and you can pursue, you can do it, if not today, tomorrow.

There might be times when it is raining outside, there is bandh outside, it is difficult to go outside, will you restrict your joyous mood?

No, never!

Celebrate in every form of life. Set examples, follow good patterns, shed undesirable traits.

Live and let others live.
Laugh and let others laugh.
Help and let others help.
Care and let others care.
Work and let others work.
Joy amd let others joy.

Hope you will celebrate after reading this. :)

Cheers!

Doell said...

Anonymous,

Thanks for the comment. But I fail to understand why you gave me so much gyaan as how to live life? I think I wrote exactly that....that how I enjoy life in every possible
way....

I would be glad if you had written in your name and not hiding in the veil of 'anonymous'.....

Anurag said...

Hi Doell,

I was searching for 'Cadbury + Seriousness' for an assignment, and I saw this blog. And, I read it. Found it very true and simple.

Thought I should comment on this as it is very close to my heart. I have my friends from various cultures and religions. I see some of them questioning and some enjoying. I somehow felt you are questioning and not enjoying. I might be wrong... please dont mind in that case.

This was definitely not GYAN from my side; it was my personal opinion.

~Anurag

Doell said...

Anurag,

I appreciate your view and comment :) thanks :)