Sunday, February 24, 2008

All are not Brain's call...some are Heart's

Scene1

I am chatting with a friend and abruptly he asks 'Which actor do you find the hottest?'

Denzel Washington...always - was my impromptu answer.

Then came the next obvious question 'which actress......?'

After some thought I had to say 'None'

Scene2

I am talking a friend over phone and over some topic I declare that 'Chtira and Sadhana Sargam are my two most favorite female singers'.

The next very moment I heard the question 'and most favorite male singer?'

After some thought I said 'Hariharan' but honestly he's not my most favorite singer; he is just one of my 'most favorites'.

These two incidents compelled me to think that our likings and adorations don’t always follow any pre-defined rule. They are just bound to follow one rule - the naught-rule of heart, where no logical reasoning is applicable! Just like there is no reason behind why I like Denzel Washington more than anyone, the fact that I don't find any actress that interesting has no reason either. Likewise, why the voices of Chitra and Sadhana Sargam tranquilize my senses but none else has no explanation either.

1 comment:

Sonali said...

true...explanation doesn't work always when it comes to our likings...mainly becoz heart rules over head in most of these cases :)