Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Microwave Oven or Pied Piper?

Recently my kitchen had become the favorite playing ground of cockroaches and their families. At the outset, I was clueless to understand what made them love my kitchen so much. Though not sparkling clean, I don’t keep my kitchen that smutty! But that was not the time to think but to get involved in some serious work. Got ‘Hit’ spray, covered my nose and started my first ever experience of pest-control. While moving the Microwave Oven from the kitchen, I discovered some of my enemies inside it, which were beyond my reach, and I badly needed a Microwave Oven mechanic to open and clean it. Called at the LG service center and promptly they sent their representative (what a fast service! I must appreciate). He asked me what was the problem, I said ‘Cockroaches’. He was quite surprised to hear that from me. Anyway, he took out his tools, opened the hood, sprayed ‘Hit’ and joined me in killing the little brown pests. When he was just about to leave, I found that some very intelligent of the lot were hiding at even more un-accessible zone. I immediately asked him to open the inner bonnet. Then to my wonder, while trying hard, he cut his hand so badly that it started bleeding like anything. What to do, I had no way but to release him from his un-done work with a promise that he would be back next week. But before leaving, he gave me some very interesting information regarding the bond between a Microwave Oven and cockroaches. He said that it’s a very common problem with who ever have it (I was so happy to hear it, as this proves that I am not that awful in my kitchen) and also said that when the oven works, it actually attracts cockroaches. “Really? Oh my God! Microwave Oven or Pied Piper?” I was just about to say that!

No comments: